Code of Library Conduct
We ask for your participation in helping us maintain a positive environment to ensure that every library user has a worthwhile experience using the library facilities, resources, and services.
- Assist and support your academic success and personal growth
- Provide access and support the use of information resources and technology that meet the research, individualized learning, and instructional need of our users
- Provide a safe, well maintained, and properly-functioning environment that meets the standard for academic and professional work and research
- Respect each patron’s right to privacy and confidentiality and treat library users with respect and understanding
Library User Responsibilities
- Help us to maintain an atmosphere where all users can successfully utilize our resources; please refrain from disruptive behavior in all parts of the Library.
- Silence should be maintained in “Silent Zones” (Library lower level).
- Use the main (2nd) floor to study and work together. If you need to move furniture, please ask Library staff for assistance.
- Cellphones should be placed on vibrate or silent mode, and all cell phone conversations should be taken outside the library. Texting is encouraged.
- Make sure that all computers and personal devices cannot be heard by others. Please use headphones.
- Respect library property and space. Refrain from activities that put others, yourself or anyone’s personal property in danger.
- Solicitation and selling are not allowed in the Library. Seek permission of Library administration to display or distribute notices.
- Bring only covered beverage containers into the library. All food is restricted to the coffee bar area.
- Card playing is not allowed in the library. Please take all card games to other student areas on campus.
- Keep personal items secure at all times. The Library cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items. Belongings found unattended may be moved to the Circulation Desk by Library staff.
Please follow all rules and regulations of Moraine Valley Community College and the Library. Any person who fails to abide by the Library Code of Conduct may be asked to leave the facility. Library staff may seek the assistance of the Moraine Valley Police Department and/or the Assistant Dean of Student Life & Code of Conduct. Access to library facilities may be limited or restricted for a period of time if the responsibilities in this code are ignored by any visitor.
The Library Code of Conduct supplements, but does not replace the College’s Code of Student Conduct at http://www.morainevalley.edu/conduct/code.htm