The Circulation Department handles check-outs/check-ins, renewals, overdue fine collections, shelving of library material, circulation statistics, and maintenance of the 6,000-item reserve collection. Click here to view our lending policies and fine information.
Although students need to obtain a valid photo ID from the College Center, other types of library cards may be obtained or processed at the library circulation desk (such as community borrower cards). Call (708) 974-5235 for more information.
Library materials can be renewed either in person, by telephone (708-974-5235), or online up to 2 times. Patrons are not allowed to renew items if:
- their library record is blocked
- there is another patron hold for the item
- it is too soon to renew (i.e. prior to 7 days before the due date for all general collection items, 3 days for magazines)
- the item is not eligible for renewal (i.e. reserve items, textbooks)
- their patron account has expired
If requesting a renewal by telephone, patrons need to provide their name and barcode number.