Disability Services for Library Patrons
Our goal is to serve all patrons.
It is our goal to serve all of our students. This includes accommodating users with disabilities so that they can access our collections and facilities. We offer assistive services to enable access to our facilities and online resources. Users can call or email the library’s information desk (708-974-5234, email@example.com) for assistance. Students should also ensure that they are aware of the services offered by Moraine Valley’s Center for Disability Services http://www.morainevalley.edu/cds/.
Users with questions or concerns should contact the Library Department Chair Library (Troy Swanson, 708-974-5439) or the Manager of Library Services (Terra Jacobson, 708-974-5467).
Elevator Access to our collection on the first floorStudents who require use of the elevator to access the circulating collection or the quiet study space on the first floor should ask for assistance at the Library’s Information Desk, and a staff member will assist them in using the staff elevator. The library staff member can help students find and retrieve items from the shelves. Students may also utilize the library’s material retrieval service to get materials from the library’s collection.
- Map of the Library: https://lib.morainevalley.edu/librarymaps.aspx
Material Retrieval Service
Patrons who require assistance retrieving items from shelves may ask the librarian at the information desk to retrieve an item from the collection for them. Users can also place a request on using the online form found on the library’s website to have items from our circulating or periodicals collections pulled and set on hold for them. Users will receive a confirmation email or phone call when an item is ready for pick up. Requested items are normally ready within 2-4 hours during our normal hours of operation. This service is intended to facilitate the use of our collection to users who may otherwise avoid the library because obstacles prevent in-person access. We will not allow students to place a hold on items in the reserve collection such as textbooks.
The library provides the following technologies to assist students with disabilities.
- Accessibility stations: Two stations in the main floor (upstairs) computer lab are identified as accessibility stations. Users with disabilities are given priority use for these stations.
- Magnification technology: The accessibility stations include Magic screen magnification software. Additionally, the library has a magnification machine in the public study space which can be used on books, periodicals, and other documents. There are also handheld magnifiers that can be checked out at the circulation desk.
- Speech to text: The accessibility stations and select machines in the library’s instruction labs include the Kurzweil screen reader software.
Parking & the Library Entrance
For access to the library, handicap parking spaces are available outside of the A Building and outside of L Building. Both of these parking lots are close to the library. There is an elevator in the L Building which provides access to the library’s main entrance, which is on the second floor of the L Building.
- Campus map: http://www.morainevalley.edu/gen_info/documents/campusmap.pdf
- Map of Building L: http://www.morainevalley.edu/gen_info/documents/abglnew_complete.pdf