Computers, Printing, and Copying
Computer & Wireless Use
- The Moraine Valley Community College Library has 80 computers, and 15 laptops available for use by students, faculty, staff, and the general public. Visit our laptop use policy to learn about checking out a laptop.
- Students use computers in groups in Study Room A or by checking out a laptop.
- The library has wireless access using 802.11 (b) 802.11 (g) standards.
- You may save work you do on the Library's computers on a floppy disk, flash (thumb) drive, or CD. Please note, however, that the Library does not provide or sell these floppy disks, flash drives, or CDs. The library's computers are periodically reimaged, which erases any files saved to the computer's C drive.
- Printing is available in the Library for 10 cents for a single page or 15 cents for a two-sided page. The library computers default to two-sided (back-to-back) printing. If you need to print single sided pages, ask us to help you change the settings.
- Color printing is available at 50 cents per page for color.
- You can pay with cash, coins or a Moraine Valley Community College print card.
Copying & Faxing
- Black-and-white copiers are available for general use at the Library.
- Copies cost 10 cents per page.
- The copy machine does not collate, staple, enlarge or reduce documents, or produce color copies. (Visit this map of nearby copy centers if you need these services.)
- Unfortunately, the library does not yet offer faxing services for students. Visit our map of copy service locations to find a nearby copy center.
Equipment Available for Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Laptop Computers for Student Use
- Group study rooms (can be reserved in some circumstances)
- VHS, DVD, and BluRay players (use in library only)
- Microscopes (use in library only; current, valid ID is needed)
- TI-83 calculators (current, valid ID is needed)