Streaming Videos from the MVCC Library
This is a list of streaming video services that we offer. To access these from off campus, use your MVCC username and password (look them up here).
Alexander Street Press Videos
- Art and Architecture in Video http://0-artv.alexanderstreet.com.library.morainevalley.edu
Welcome to Art and Architecture in Video, a collection of documentaries and interviews illustrating the history, theory and practice of art, design and architecture. This release includes 427 videos, equaling 261 hours.
- Counseling and Therapy in Video http://0-ctiv.alexanderstreet.com.library.morainevalley.edu
Alexander Street Counseling provides the largest and richest online collection of video available for the study of counseling, social work, psychotherapy, psychology, and psychiatric counseling. The wealth of video and multiplicity of perspectives in these collections allow students and scholars to see, experience, and study counseling in ways never before possible. This current release includes 460 videos equaling 446 hours.
- Criminal Justice and Public Safety http://0-lawv.alexanderstreet.com.library.morainevalley.edu
Welcome to Criminal Justice and Public Safety in Video, a collection of documentaries, training videos, and interviews illustrating the strategies, techniques, and experiences of professionals serving on the front lines of justice and public safety. This release provides 559 titles, equaling approximately 379 hours.
- Education in Video http://0-ediv.alexanderstreet.com.library.morainevalley.edu
Education in Video is the first online collection of streaming video developed specifically for training and developing teachers. Upon completion, the collection will contain more than 3,000 video titles totaling 1,300 hours of teaching demonstrations, lectures, documentaries, and primary-source footage of students and teachers in actual classrooms. It will give education faculty, students, and in-service teachers a single source for the best research-based professional development video resources available. This release now provides 4,306 titles, equaling approximately 1301 hours.
- Ethnography in Video http://0-anth.alexanderstreet.com.library.morainevalley.edu
Ethnography in Video brings together a wide range of streaming video, written ethnographies, field notes, seminal texts, memoirs, and contemporary studies, covering human behavior the world over. Essential for study in the areas of politics, economics, history, psychology, environmental studies, religion, area studies, linguistics, and geography. This release includes 1,111 videos equaling roughly 759 hours.
Films Media Group
- Discovery Channel, BBC & PBS videos: http://encore.morainevalley.edu/iii/encore/search/C__Sstreaming%20media__Orightresult__U1?lang=eng&suite=pearl
Documentary videos and films on a range of subjects. Click on this link to open the library's catalog to see a listing of titles.
- The Civil War by Ken Burns http://encore.morainevalley.edu/iii/encore/record/C__Rb270213?lang=eng
Documentary series covering the Civil War. Uses historical materials featuring the people, places and events.
Library Event Videos
- Library YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MVLibrary
Videos from events held in the library. These include lectures and panel discussions from faculty members and outside experts.
- TLC: Teaching & Learning Community YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MVCCTLC
A collaboration between the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) and the Library that seeks to fulfill the CTL’s mission by creating a culture of learning by providing various professional development opportunities for all faculty and staff and the Library’s mission of supporting the curriculum through providing information resources.