Computers, Printing, and Copying
Computer & Laptop Use
- The Moraine Valley Community College Library has 106 Dell and 5 Mac public use desktop computers, 14 Dell laptops, 4 Mac laptops, and 3 iPads available for use by students. Our Media Lab has 6 Dell and 3 Mac desktop computers for public use when not reserved for classroom instruction.
- All students, staff, and faculty can use their network ID to login to the Library's computers.
- Community members can receive a temporary login good the current semester by asking the librarian at the Information Desk.
- Visit our laptop use policy to learn about checking out a laptop.
- MVCC has wireless access across the entire campus.
- Students can use their campus login to access to login to the wireless network.
- Community members can use the "guest" network.
- Printing is available in the Library for 10 cents for a single page or 15 cents for a two-sided page. The library computers default to two-sided (back-to-back) printing. If you need to print single sided pages, ask us to help you change the settings.
- Color printing is available at 50 cents per page for color.
- You can pay with cash, coins or via debit/credit card.
- After pressing "print," you can access your print job under your the username you used to login to the computer.
Copying, Scanning, Faxing, & Microfilm
- Black-and-white copiers are available for general use at the Library.
- Copies cost 10 cents per page. (Only single-sided printing available from copiers.)
- The copy machine does not collate, staple, enlarge or reduce documents, or produce color copies. (Visit this map of nearby copy centers if you need these services.)
- The library offers free color and black and white scanning to email and USB drives. Students can also scan to print (printing fees apply).
- The library offers a microfilm reader (with printer). Visit this handout for more information.
- The library does not offer faxing services for students.
Equipment Available for Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Laptop Computers for Student Use
- Study rooms (reserve online)
- Media lab software and equipment (visit the Media Lab page)
- DVD, & BluRay players (use in library only)
- Microscopes (use in library only; current, valid ID is needed)
- TI-83 calculators (current, valid ID is needed)
- Podcasting kits, Go Pro cameras, video camcorders & tripods, microphone headsets, mobile media labs