Faculty Online Support Services
Library services remain open!
- Librarians are answering questions via chat, email and text during hours of operation.
- Librarians are ready to work with faculty members in their online courses!
- The online library is open 24/7 with 1000s of ebooks, articles, and online video.
- The Library’s social media accounts will be sharing resources. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Instruction: Librarians Ready to Help!
Visit our special Instructional Resource Guide for videos & guides from our library.
Librarians are still available to offer online instruction sessions for your classes. This may take the form of collaboration on assignments, setting up consultations with individuals or groups of students, or helping to curate readings and research guides for your course.
Librarians are able to work with you and your students through canvas and its conferencing tools as well as WebX conferencing. To request a librarian instruction session for your online courses, please use this form.
Guides to Databases
- Getting to the Research Tools Page
- Academic Search Complete (research guide)
- Searching a Database: SIRS
- Searching a Database: Valueline
- Searching a Database: PsycArticles
- Searching a Database: JSTOR
- Searching a Database: CINAHL (nursing)
Videos for Searching
- Searching the Catalog for Digital Content (video)
- Google searching part 1: Evidence of Algorithms(video)
- Google searching part 2: Advanced Search (video)
- Google searching part 3: Advanced Search the Sequel (video)
Additional Guides & Sources
- Reading Research Articles 1 (parts of the article) (video)
- Reading Research Articles 2 (reading strategies using article outline) (video)
- Anatomy Model Substitutes
- Science Lab Simulations and Online Resources
- Resources for Online Instruction and Communication
- COVID-19 research guide
- Visit our full list of research guides
Student Resources: The Online Library!
Students have access to a variety of online resources including our databases, e-books, e-audio books, streaming services, and most importantly, remote help from librarians. Students can use the Student Online Support Services to see a curated list of resources that will be most useful to them for their online coursework.
Librarians are still available for assistance via our help page. However our phones will be unmonitored. Students wanting to have extended conversations with librarians are encouraged to set up a consultation via WebX on our help page.
Checked out materials extended
Items checked out to students, staff, and faculty will automatically have their due dates extended to August 31 for general collections, items borrowed from other libraries (ILL) are currently due on July 1, with further extensions possible due to extended closure. For questions about your library account, contact Oscar Arellano: Arellanoo3@morainevalley.edu
Interlibrary Loan Services
Interlibrary Loan materials can be ordered on our ILL Order page. Items currently checked out to students, staff, and faculty have automatically had their due dates extended until July 1. For questions about Interlibrary Loan, contact Sue Yach: email@example.com.
Library Events Canceled
All library events have been cancelled through Summer 2020. For questions about Library Events, contact Troy Swanson: firstname.lastname@example.org.