Faculty Online Support Services
Library services remain open!
- Librarians are answering questions via chat, email and text during hours of operation.
- Librarians are ready to work with faculty members in their online courses!
- The online library is open 24/7 with 1000s of ebooks, articles, and online video.
- The Library’s social media accounts will be sharing resources. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Instruction: Librarians Ready to Help!
Librarians are still available to offer online instruction sessions for your classes. This may take the form of creating specialized research guides or instruction videos, setting up consultations with individuals or groups of students, or collaborating to create information literacy focused assignments.
Librarians are able to work with you and your students through Canvas and its conferencing tools as well as WebEx conferencing. To request a librarian instruction session for your online courses, please use this form.
Guides to Databases
- Getting to the Research Tools Page
- Searching a Database: Academic Search Complete
- Searching a Database: SIRS
- Searching a Database: Valueline
- Searching a Database: PsycArticles
- Searching a Database: JSTOR
- Searching a Database: CINAHL (nursing)
Videos for Searching
- Searching the Catalog for Digital Content (video)
- Google searching part 1: Evidence of Algorithms(video)
- Google searching part 2: Adavaned Search (video)
- Google searching part 3: Advanced Search the Sequel (video)
Additional Guides & Sources
- Reading Research Articles 1 (parts of the article) (video)
- Reading Research Articles 2 (reading strategies using article outline) (video)
- Anatomy Model Substitutes
- Science Lab Simulations and Online Resources
- Resources for Online Instruction and Communication
- COVID-19 research guide
- Visit our full list of research guides
Student Resources: The Online Library!
Students have access to a variety of online resources including our databases, e-books, e-audio books, streaming services, and most importantly, remote help from librarians. Students can use the Student Online Support Services to see a curated list of resources that will be most useful to them for their online coursework.
Librarians are still available for assistance via our help page. However our phones will be unmonitored. Students wanting to have extended conversations with librarians are encouraged to set up a consultation via WebX on our help page.
Curbside pick up!
Students, faculty, and staff can request items from the library collection. For more information, visit this guide.
- Curbside pick ups are by appointment only on Tuesday, and Thursday between the hours of 10-4pm.
- Students/Staff will be contacted by a library staff member after making a request.
- Library staff will make sure requested items are available and schedule a pick up day and time.
- Students & staff will be asked to verify their identity by either presenting their student id or driver’s license/state ID at time of pick up.
- Please note that all campus buildings are closed so there is no access to the Library. All pickups must be by appointment.
Checked out materials extended
Items checked out to students, staff, and faculty will automatically have their due dates extended to August 31 for general collections, items borrowed from other libraries (ILL) are currently due on August 31 with further extensions possible due to extended closure. For questions about your library account, contact Oscar Arellano: Arellanoo3@morainevalley.edu
Interlibrary Loan Services
Interlibrary Loan materials can be ordered on our ILL Order page. Items currently checked out to students, staff, and faculty have automatically had their due dates extended until August 31. For questions about Interlibrary Loan, contact Sue Yach: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library Events Canceled
All library events have been cancelled through Summer 2020. For questions about Library Events, contact Troy Swanson: email@example.com.